The bell pepper (also known as sweet pepper, pepper, or capsicum). weet peppers is a term used to describe bell peppers and other peppers having a milder flavour.Key Features
- Leaving a moderately pungent taste on the tongue, Green capsicums, also known as green peppers are bell shaped, medium-sized fruit pods.
- They have thick and shiny skin with a fleshy texture inside.
How To Use
- Capsicum is very rich in nutrients and contains a good amount of Vitamin A and C. Along with essential nutrients, it also provides a healthy dosage of proteins, plant fats, and carotenoids. It also contains provitamins such as B1, B2, and B3, P, and E.
- Green bell peppers can be used for a wide variety of dishes due to its distinct flavour and scent. Can be grilled, roasted, baked and sauteed. Widely used in salads, pastas, pizzas, pepper sauce and even for flavouring curries.
- Store them in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Keep capsicums dry as moisture makes them rot faster. Refrigerate the peppers unwashed, in a plastic bag and consume within a week. Resort to refrigeration only when they cannot be consumed immediately.